View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 13:39   Link #635
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I disagree Ryus - after the anime (especially actually), I'm not big whatsoever about the producers adding their own stuff just for the sake of it. Even before the ending, things that didn't happen in the manga stuck out like a sore-thumb.....conversations between characters for instance that never happened -- I remember Rigardo specifically in how long they dragged that fight for and how much he spoke additionally which felt weird to me.

No -- Claymore is vastly ambiguous, so Yagi would definitely have to work close at hand so that his perspective on things is what the show follows and not the directors or whoevers. I think, beyond the ending, that's another reason why the anime sort of stunk - because the creators were putting their own spin on it which stuck out strongly in comparison to the manga parts.

Not big on Keira Knightly at all, and I can't imagine her accent fitting with any of the characters -- unless they are a regal type kind of character (Hysteria for example would benefit strongly from a British woman playing), I'm not too crazy for her.