View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 20:03   Link #2359
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
My computer? Football? What any of that has to do with anything?

I am afraid you are missing the point here. I am saying we could have more magic styles because we have to consider how vast and large the Nanoha universe really is. Dozens of worlds with different civilizations. Just look at our world now you bring that up and tell how many fight styles are just here, how many cultures and different people. I’m just saying we could see more variety on the magic doesn’t matter how good or bad the Mid-Childa and Belka systems are.

I am just saying we can and should have more. And shouldn’t be that hard, just look they introduce things on ViVid. Mention them once and then have a character talk about it. This isn’t about if such new styles will be better or worse than Mid-Childa or Belka, is not about fixing them. My point is that: we could see more. That is all I am saying. There is no need to limit yourself to two almost identical magic styles. And before you just start point me out how different Belka and Mid-Childa are just remember that this isn’t the point. I am saying will be nice to see other styles.
Let me clear this up for you, then: You are going before the entire National Football league, and telling them: "Why do you confine everything to passing and running plays? Why can't you do something different and give us more variety?"

If you are in a race with someone else to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible, are you going to walk over a mountain? Or take a plane over it? We, as humans, naturally find the best way to do something, and that is copied by everyone else.

To bring an analogy closer to what we have in Vivid, we do have martial arts competitions. And despite quite a few different styles, it basically boils down to just a few things: punching/palm strikes, kicks, and throws. And there are generally accepted "best" ways to do all three, so you can expect to see people doing the same things over and over. If you were to ask for more "variety" and different ways of attacking, people would look at you funny.

Long story short: As humans, we gravitate to the best ways of doing something, and once someone finds it, others copy it.

Honestly, despite my many issues with Vivid, "lack of variety" isn't one of them. Sure, there are similar styles and attacks between some of the characters... but there are plenty that aren't.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote