Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-07, 16:58   Link #4057
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Goddamnit, night_sentinel, your post just made me look forward for the next match!

Hisa vs Retard Master version 2 fight + A monster and a slightly stronger Usuzan. I don't want to see Mako's fight end since I want more Hao but I'm really really looking forward for the next match.
Sorry, Serp?
Still, most of the main manga is pretty exciting. Its real problem is its glacial pace. I'm currently content with the Mako arc that is happening in the manga. I'm excited how nerfed Mako will be able to go against nerfed Hao. Its setting thing up to be interesting in the sergeant match final as well.

Anyway lets add me add something to your expectation.

Beside, Hisa vs. Retard Master vs. Monster from Rinkai vs a competent player from Uzusan. There is also Nodoka vs. Megan vs. Kinue vs. ace player from Uzusan. I'm also looking forward to that match. Megan was getting some hype specially since she indirectly defeated Cold Touka so she's going to be formidable. Lastly, I was reading Nodoka's last match and I think she's being set-up for some soul searching and fix her SOA troubles. Her last thought was something like "It can't be considered coincidence anymore." I think Requiem is going to love that development.

And of course there is Saki vs. Kyouko (who has anti-Saki stretegy probably) vs. Monster from Rinkai vs. Strongest Player of Uzusan (Probably the one Hayarin is wary of). The captain match is going to explode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
Yeah, I most likely see Rinkai being the 4th school in the finals as well. Their manager is also sort of an enigma at this point, who I'm *very* interested in finding out more about (and hot damn, I love her snazzy suit!). The international tie-in to a world tournament really makes sense.

I do also have a feeling that Ikuno will still be involved later on, even if Himematsu do fall out. I don't know, she just gives me this shady vibe, one that hints at a deeper involvement in the overall plot (Zenno's story also needs explaining). Like, she might know more about things than she lets on.
Yep. I believe all these coaches will have their part to tell. If there will be a pro arc or perhaps an international arc, I'm pretty sure that they will become more important. Speaking of pros, I'm leaning that Shino the MC of the new spin-off will be the pro commentator for the finals.

And I'm also a proponent of the theory that Goldfish the first is still alive and in another country due to medical reasons. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post

This is interesting to me because, based not only on this current semi-final, but previous matches as well, Hisa seems to have a key tactic for everyone to follow. And of course, everyone listens to her because they hold her in such high regard. It definitely reminds me of Harue, and I sort of see Kiyosumi vs. Achiga as more of Hisa vs. Harue really. Kinda' in the same way a soccer fan might view a match as a battle of managers more than the teams they coach (like Mourinho vs. Sir Alex, if anyone follows that).

Hisa and Harue are also sort of similar as well. The brash, sometimes even cocky, masterminds with red hair XD
I wound't say that Hisa and Harue are similar. Their coaching style is very different.

Hisa doesn't really have any tactic on how to defeat their current opponent. Most of her coaching involved getting improvement on the existing skill of her members. Yuuki get math problems so she can count points better, Mako gets more experience so she can use her ability more effectively, Nodoka gets more familiar playing in reality, Saki gets more experience as well. I would hesitate to call this a tactic. Its more like Hisa shores up the existing weakness that she has found on her team by training them in that specific area.

Harue, on the other hand, is focused on exploiting the weakness of her opponents. She set up specific tactic for fighting specific opponents. You could see that with Yuu's exploiting the tell, Ako trying to end dealer repeats and not getting dealer repeats herself, Arata luring everyone that she can only do pin tiles and Shizu's avoiding Awai's ron on the captain round. (I won't debate whether this is believable or not. Let's just say Achiga's pacing and coherence could be greatly improved if they didn't rush it and leave it at that. )
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote