View Single Post
Old 2010-04-12, 23:13   Link #1058
descent87

I have to hope that Tenshi is developed more as a character. I truly doubt that Angel Beats conclusion will have anything to do with actually defeating her and she might actually play a pivotal role later.

Uphold the law she does but as far as we have seen she hasn't even instigated a single offensive action without being provoked. While I hope the SSS gets their happy end I will keep sympathizing with a beautiful and lonely Tenshi as she continues to go about her solemn duties. Hopefully someone wises up and asks the right questions to get her to open up a bit lol, that will probably be key to getting everyone out of this mess.

A girl who can play the piano all cool and emotional-like is after my heart even if she isn't real lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephis View Post
Anyone else on Tenshi's side so far? I suppose a lot of people will point to ep1's intro for her being in the enemy role, but I'm a little amazed at Oto's willingness to go along with it and actually shoot. It just... baffles me.

I suppose I might be putting too much of myself and my own viewpoints. I can understand a vastly different set of responses outside the more normal boundries, where Oto's probably a bit younger and less read. To him Tenshi's the one instigating, whereas I don't feel like she is.

But we really do need to see further. It's just, with his initial desire to actually talk to Tenshi, I'm wondering why he hasn't tried harder to feel her out, talk to her, ask questions.

Of course I'm in this weird "Aw. Tenshi seems all lonely..." point of view, and I'd probably feel that way right up until she stabbed me and took me apart for my troubles.

I do note (Sorry, I haven't read every page, I tried to read through what I could but there's tons) that when called Tenshi, she was confused and never acknowledged the name. So it seems like what she is could be wide open. She might even be human and like everyone else, but better at things than they are. Or this is... something completely different, maybe even a Gantz style... aliens grabbing people at moments of death for amusement, assuming they really have died, since while they all seem convinced they're dead, I don't remember anyone actually saying "I remember dying." (I don't really believe it, but it's always good to keep an open mind for interesting ideas and guesses) (Ep 2 opens up some more possibilities IMO, if it's what it sounds like)
While I agree it would have been prudent to interact with Tenshi more I can understand why Oto pulled the trigger on the bridge. IMO it was hardly siding with the SSS completely at the moment and had more to do with just how damn traumatic the whole heart stab thing was for him, he was having his doubts right till the end when the fear and trauma over came them, though I don't understand that "she is totally looking down on me line" it was a little out of left field.

It appears that the SSS has questioned her some before but alot more about their situation could likely be resolved I think if someone would question her the right way. Maybe they should even ask the borrow some lunch money instead of lifting it lol. If things settle down a bit and there isn't continued nonstop fighting perhaps there will be more interaction especially with a few episodes of school-like settings if we get some.

I'm so smitten with the girl I am not thinking completely logically perhaps but this line of thinking seems to make some sense.

Last edited by descent87; 2010-04-12 at 23:42.
descent87 is offline   Reply With Quote