View Single Post
Old 2006-02-15, 18:32   Link #50
ultrataro

Okay, caught up with fansubs and can comment now. The females? This is not a fanservice (well, except for JSDF & hardware fans) show and the character designs look more grity semi realistic style. kinda reminds me of stuff like Perfect blue, Lain, Paranoi Agent, etc. I'm having a hard time getting into this show, true the pace starts slow, but thats not the problem i'm having with it. If anything, I'm having problems with realism. The smoothness of mechanical animation doesn't really impress me, it's CG after all & easy to do there. They should have used CG to inject some realism detail effects into the scenes actually, things like jet wash, vibrations, atmosphere. They made things look way too easy, lowering & picking up someone on the sling isn't that easy. The landing on the ship deck was supposed to be really hard but didn't look like the storm winds and +10 foot heaving of the deck that was supposed to be happening. And would trained rescue personel carry a kid with a broken leg and internal injuries on their back like that? I'm willing to give leeway for dramatic liscence, but it's not quite working for me here. Anyway, I'll prob watch a bit more & see where things go.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote