View Single Post
Old 2007-09-05, 14:43   Link #2
dsp2003

AnimED, from http://sl.criminalrussia.ru/dsp2003/animed.php, is an Open Source Windows GUI application and was originally created for making the russian translation of the Ever17. It extracts\creates KID Engine LiNK (.DAT) archives, WAF (cannot decode compressed files with LND header yet) audio, PRT (decompressed .CPS) graphics. It can also split KID Engine SCR files into several hundreds of chunks and merge them back.

---

I've decoded the SC3 format. It's uses internal text sections table (almostly looks like simplified LNK (DAT) format). When you're editing the text, the string jumping offsets changes the positions. That's the cause of edited script.dat non-working. So, it's necessary to RECALCULATE every jump table entry. My tool is able to do so (i didn't wrote the normal compiler\decompiler, so you must do chunks export, edit them in HEX editor one-by-one and only then import them back). It's simplier than my ugly english.

---

NOTE: In order to edit Never7 or Memories Off Series SCR files, you MUST decompress them. The further recompression is not necessary.

Last edited by dsp2003; 2009-11-09 at 02:36. Reason: Update
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote