View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 04:33   Link #21192
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Akagi View Post
It's not elitism, Meo. Consider it a professional opinion.

Wait, let me rephrase that so that even you could understand.

When you are prescribing medicine to your patents, wouldn't it be irksome if they started calling you an elitist jerk?
You do know I said I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, and I wasn't talking about you, right? I understand some of your concerns, but now that for whatever reason you may have to think that I was referring to you that has apparently hit a nerve enough for you to directly insult me, maybe I misunderstood my attempt to empathize with your concerns as a clear mistake on my part to study the arguments for and against Umineko, because I actually find myself in neither the "R07 is a is a god" or the "R07 is a hack" but somewhere in the middle. I WANTED to support some of your issues but now I don't even feel like it anymore.

And for the record, no, I don't go through medical school for people to praise my name on a pedestal, I study to learn how to make people better regardless of what they think of me. I give them the facts plain and simple, to educate them, and it is there responsibility to understand the situation because a doctor-patient relationship is not a one-sides deal. You aren't being held prisoner, you're a participant who was told what was going to happen, and you chose not to bail out of your own free will.

Same goes for an author, especially when said author actually informed the fanbase of his intentions, what he did and is going to do, and even told them that this may as well not be the "mystery" they wanted it to be. Readers had clear information enough to make a choice whether to stay on the ship and jump off because they were indeed told this wasn't going to be what a lot of them thought and wanted it to be. You had a choice, and blaming the failure of this choice on the author who didn't make you read against your will is just poor form.

In short if this is tl;dr, insulting people out of the blue who weren't even talking about you doesn't do a lot to get other people to try and understand your POV, it only makes you look like an ass. Same goes for your previous direct insult of a moderator and another poster for whatever reason again that seems to easily piss you off. If you don't like it, fine, that's your own opinion about the game and the people who worship the author as a god. But if you have such a twitchy trigger finger to go at the throats of those who you even remotely think is making a comment against you or your opinion, then you're only just being a hypocrite.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote