View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 06:51   Link #5900
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Do nice guys often, if not always, finish last?

Because after my recent debacle I think it's time to reassess my stubborn adherence to my beliefs after 10 years worth of constant failure.
Nice and observant. I know oblivious/absent-minded people that always try to be nice but they do not finish last. They still prioritize themselves first. It's not intentional. It's just that other people do not have a place in their mind.

I'm not a nice person but I am quite sensitive to environment and fine details in people. It's quite easy to notice other people who are observant and kind. Those people and I think very alike. Everything we do, we think of how it will affect everyone else. Except they decide to be nice put others ahead of themselves and I decide to be comparably more selfish.

They finish last because very few people are observant enough to even notice a genuinely kind person. They only pick up the artificial/forced generosity people like to pretend to have. They give more than they get, so it's natural they get the shorter end of the stick.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote