Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 21:48   Link #2045
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
ah agreement so they used the first version that is to say the folk song so cool
The Soviet Union's original anthem was L'Internationale. Katyusha is just a popular song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Unlike Katyusha, Auf Ansbach Dragoner is not really suited for girls
There really isn't a more suitable song than Katyusha for this show. You can even draw historical parallels with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I care not whether it is original. The music is cute, glorious, and nicely done, and if so, I don't care even if they use L'homme armé
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27homme_arm%C3%A9

I think that the songs being arrangements is what gives them so much power. If the composer had made some new music to replace "the British Grenadiers", for example, it wouldn't have been nearly as noteworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
As for the Panzerlied, I know that the song has many problems, but with the tanks Black Forest have, it is the most historically fitting song, in my opinion. It can also be made into glorious choral piece
I think that it's a bit much to expect Tanaka Rie and Nabatame Hitomi to sing in German . If it weren't for Uesaka Sumire, Katyusha probably would have been left as an orchestral piece like all of the other arrangements so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Really nice. It's the first time I've heard the song.
I hope a full version will be included in the OST!
Please show some mercy for Cure Peace! It's obvious that she's not very comfortable singing in Russian. I wonder how they convinced her to do it?