View Single Post
Old 2012-01-14, 23:59   Link #137
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
The biggest thing that I love about One Piece is how much Oda really loves his work. When I hear people say One Piece have bad art I just can't comprehend that. One Piece has amazing art. There are so many characters that are distinguishable from each other and feels unique. And all of them fits into the One Piece world very well, which is amazing as there are so many variety. The other thing that amazes is the background. The amount of stuffy he puts into the background is truly astounding, the war itself just would blew anyone away with the amounts of stuffy that was drawn unlike certain manga I won't mention *cough*Bleach*cough*. It still baffles me that this men is able to draw this in just one week (well he has help from assistant but still).
oops!! i was once one of those people so i'm guilty of thinking that once. but that's probably because i started with the anime and the animation did suck. it took me years to finally realize one piece's true worth. it wasn't until i read the manga that i realized my mistake. the colored spreads are so amazingly artistic and detailed that i was blown away by them, the uniqueness of each character that they don't seem to look like any other character in the series, and not to mention the sbs and the mini-stories, i really love those! you don't get that in other manga.

i see what you mean, kubo may have "beautiful" characters but those blank spaces in the background are just that, blank!

one piece has already surpassed all of my favorite shonen series. to me, it's truly the king of all pirates/shonen.