View Single Post
Old 2009-05-26, 00:02   Link #215
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
Are you all forgetting Luffy already lost in Impel Down? I'm not surprised, since the loss to Magellan turned out to be utterly meaningless.

In truth, Luffy's strength wasn't even necessary for what is happening. Ivankov could have raided the lower levels and started releasing the most powerful prisoners without him.

What bothers me is that lately Luffy has been struggling and losing fight after fight, and yet by pure luck his role is greatly improving in that time and he continues to move up into higher weight classes.

It feels like he is being "forced" into his current role because he is the main character, rather than earning it.

Losing, name-dropping your dad, and getting help from people who really didn't need you... is not earning it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Luffy didn't earn it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl
Just as a side note, I really find it to be disappointing that so many criminals have been found so terrible that they had to be sentenced to IMPEL DOWN.

With the impression that Enies Lobby gave, you'd have though it would have been only the rawest, most horribly politically, and criminally evil people who'd be there.

There should be NO no named people in Impel Down, honestly. There are jails all over grand line for people like that.

I kinda thought...*sigh*...anyway, it's too late for wishes now.
Amen

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-26 at 02:45.