View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 16:25   Link #9062
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm not sure this is a "OMG ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD" kind of crying. Then it'd just mostly be complete shock and emotional break down, rather than just a touch of it. This is something not as severe as immediate death or injury...
I guess we see the picture differently. This looks like complete shock and emotional break down to me... at least for Haruhi. I mean, the girl barely (if ever) cries to begin with, barely (if ever) gets cheeks that red, and even her mouth doesn't usually contort that much on a scream.

That being said...

Quote:

Maybe a tall ruggedly handsome Alien prince came out of nowhere, swept Mikuru off her feet, proposed to her and carried her off in his UFO.

Haruhis reaction?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! TAKE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I can kind of see this causing Haruhi complete shock and emotional break down. So, this definitely works for me.

And, I share your sense of humor here. This alien abduction idea is a lot funnier to me than Haruhi looking like this pic on a romantic confession.

Actually, for me, if Haruhi looks like this on a meaningful romantic confession, that's made of utter and complete fail. I like Haruhi because she's charismatic, dynamic, and strong... and she has a great character design. If she's going to be romantically confessing to someone... it can certainly be spur of the moment, and she can blush a bit; maybe cry a little bit - but I certainly don't want her screaming her head off. That's way too cliche for Haruhi. I prefer to think of Haruhi as much more suave (in a feminine way) than that.