View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 10:53   Link #6679
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, again you don’t get what I mean. I do understand, because I did read the story again but is so confusing and hard to get that I actually need extra reading in order to get some of these ideas. That is not a good sign. And is still my point. Yes, takes time, yes is development but who says that is making it good? Tons of characters, yes, back story from only Thoma and Lily since all the rest haven’t give any at all. Veyron doesn’t count; one page flashback without context doesn’t mean backstory and I don’t think the Grendel or the Hückebein family have more. In fact we don’t even know why some of the Hückebein aren’t named “Hückebein” like Stella or that new girl that appears on later episodes.

But I don’t want to hear “later on” since this is not creating “The Usual Suspects” I only ask for a clear goal to for the characters to be working on. Instead we don’t have one since the Silver Cross, the thing we supposedly wanted all this time, is already on the good guys hands. So the rest falls on “what should we do now?” And that is the rest of the manga. And I am sorry if you like the characters or the story but is just so bad. The story is the same from previous seasons, bad guys ending up like good guys, but back there we at least try to give them something. Here the author just keeps sending more and more stuff to the story instead of sticking on what he already has. That is the reason why I am starting to wonder the parts that are missing, the story isn’t interesting is confusing. And like I said I can take a mystery if at least you give some bases clear.

But no this kind of thing where the focus of the story has already being change 3 times in its first third of the series. I will not mind it if the author take its time to reveal something but he creates too many questions and when he gives answers is just creating more questions. Slow? Sometimes Force can be too fast for its own good and since is repeating the same formula from previous seasons is boring because I already know what is going to happen. So the mystery is more of an annoying thing rather than an interesting one. Who cares what is the Hückebein family’s motive when we know how they will end? Or worse, who cares about the Grendel family when we already have the Hückebein and Hardis? I mean if the Grendel were a part of things since the beginning why they didn’t appear until now? Oh yes, the author didn’t think about it.

And so with questions and villains already confusing their motives we introduce even more characters that so far add nothing to the story. Just think about it. I can remove the Grendels and the Hückebein could still try and find Hardis to do whatever they want. Maybe creating another attack to distract the good guys and even have Signum and Cypha fighting. In which part did I need a bunch of rejected Looney Tunes villains? That is all. Most of the stuff in Force don’t add to the story and creates filer. Hey, most of the scenes that aren’t related to the plot are just filer and a very boring one at that.

Last edited by Sansker; 2012-12-18 at 12:05.
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote