View Single Post
Old 2012-07-29, 17:35   Link #1297
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Could you use a word other than "entitlement"? That word has negative connotations these days.

Oh, I'm not dismissing the entire work, I'm just dismissing the character designs. Like I said, it could very well maintain and even improve upon the spirit of the original source, but that remains to be seen. The only thing we have to go on right now are the visuals and for the most part I don't find them very impressive at all.
Entitled doesn't necessarily have to be negative, but if it bothers you so much I was merely commenting on how people are expecting an extremely high standard and are very unaccepting of anything that doesn't meet that standard.

The character designs could be a tad more distinct, you're not wrong. I kind of blame this era of K-ON ification of artstyles, which I pin squarely on KyoAni for causing. Sword Art Online was affected by this. You could see it in things like Idolmaster. Generically designed in ways that remove more distinctive features, but in return animating the characters becomes a lot easier and more fluid.

I'm not quite sure the trade off is really worth it honestly.

However, it could be worse here than it really is.