View Single Post
Old 2004-04-06, 00:51   Link #17
dee
dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Well I wouldn't necessarily equate using digital encodes with selling out or trying to be popular. I understand that there's a very different audience in these "real" fansubs and the online ones. I suppose the truly dedicated will go out and buy the fansub DVDs, but I've always thought that in the spirit of enlightening others you'd want to reach as many people as possible. And now, that's via online distribution.

Anyway, I won't tell Techno Girls what to do. They do an awesome job and pick up quality titles as it is. I'll have to pick up those DVDs, or maybe I'll shell out for the French DVDs, since my French is...well its passable. (And their Aim for the Ace DVDs too...)

I never said that it was associated with being a selling out or being popular. In this case, their popularity is due to the amount of work that's put in and the titles they choose. I wouldn't say "real" it's just higher quality. I understand what you mean by enlightening, but they've done that. ...with the Shoujo Anime Club, contributions to Fansubs.net (now defunct) and bearing the financial burdens of providing fansubs. I know it sounds elitist, but if you're used to working with high resolution video, you really don't want to lower that standard. I can construe that's the fundamental reason why the Techno Girls have earned the respect, love and their evergrowing fanbase.

Now if you're interested, you should check out Animeminers. It's been a little over a year and I'm still drooling over those DVDs.

Their titles can also be found at the Techno Girls page.

Btw, keep practicing your French!
dee is offline   Reply With Quote