View Single Post
Old 2009-05-10, 08:26   Link #475
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Then are you Arakawa? Right now you are creating your own explanation why would Mustang kill Envy and explanations without any implication from the manga. It is really heavily implied then he is killing Envy solely for his revenge, not some kind of moral or logical reason.
Huh? No implications? The fact that Mustang didn't burn Ed (yet) nor he injured Riza implies that revenge is not everything that he thinks about now. And you used wrong quote to show that "now I'm creating my own explanation".
I disagree that it's his sole reason for revenge. Are you saying that he doesn't care about people killed by Envy? About Envy being the one that caused a war? It's only his main reason and it can be his main reason because he doesn't have to worry about his friends being hurt by Envy.
Unless Arakawa shows what goes in Mustang's mind you can't tell if I'm wrong or not.

And since I'm already writing in this thread I might as well respond to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
The guy passed away because he had blades stuck in those spots! When have we seen a Homonculus sleep, except for Sloth? Those spots are special, like a weakness that only them know. A weakness that only the Homonculus born from human doesn't have.
lol
Look again into volume 8th, page 20 of 30th chapter (page 26th in my version of tankobon) and look at the beginning of chapter 56. What do we see? In both cases homonculi can't move. Would you say that Gluttony was laying down because he was hit at certain spots? Don't think so. And why are you assuming that Greed is sleeping?
Saying that those spots are special is a big over-interpretation.

BTW, we know what will happen to Envy, i.e.
Spoiler for 95th chapter:
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote