View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 14:29   Link #775
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjladyfox View Post

3. As some of you may or may not know (or heck even care possibly) Microsoft is slated to release the Spring Update this week which will add H.264 video support (Up to 10 Mbps, Baseline, Main, and High (up to level 4.1) Profiles with 2 channel AAC LC and Main Profiles) and MPEG-4 Part 2 video support (Up to 5 Mbps, Simple Profile with 2 channel AAC LC and Main Profiles). Do any of you feel that by adding this support it may make things easier for future releases by widening the base of support available? Or do you feel that it provides no benefit at all?

Well, when I switched to h.264 in mp4 for my group more than a year ago, it was exactly for this reason.

I just didn't think that Microsoft would be the first to support it! I always figured that Sony's PS3 would be first. Right now, the PS3 only supports high profile h.264 when muxed into a .ts Blue ray type container, but with Xbox360 coming out with full mp4 support, I can only suppose that the PS3 will update to match the 360's capabilities soon.

I just hope I can afford one of those consoles one of these days to natively play my 1280x720 fansubs on them, on my awesome 1080p LCD television I don't have.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote