View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 18:57   Link #117
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
So you're argument is this: the development has yet to arrive in the series because they are clearly saving it for the final moments. OK. I will make sure to bring this up again at the end of this series.

But at this point of the story, no such answers are given. We are at the tail end already. We should already be receiving this information. Also, the LN is no justification for anything in the anime. The anime is supposed to be able to stand up on its own.
Yea, I think the issue here is that there's only so much you can tease the audience with, and at this point with the rather lame confessions it doesn't seem like there was much underneath the surface to begin with. (Read: low payoff)

Quote:
(BTW the end of Kanon was very, very badly written into the story).
Well, that anime had flashback scenes throughout the series that served as a foreshadowing, though I would find your reaction understandable due to the terrible pacing problems the series had especially at the end. But in Kanon's case it was still possible to figure out what was going on to some degree before you get smacked in the face with it. Ore imo, I'm not nearly as convinced and this is related to the first thing I quoted.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews