Thread: Licensed UN-GO (noitaminA, BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-15, 17:51   Link #169
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My First Impressions on Un-Go

Hello to everyone. I keep on with my reviews for the recently started show in the fall season.

I'm very honest to say that until now I didn't know anything about Un-Go, I just picked-up this title based on reviews that I happened to read at Randomc Blog.

The only things I researched about Un-Go is that the anime is adapted from a series of novels written by Ango Sakaguchi going by the title Meiji Kaika Ango Torimono-chō . That, and several familiar staff who did work on Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood returned returned as production staff in Un-Go.

Now, this year 2011 has turned productive for shows in the murder mystery, detective genre whether they employ anti-mystery or anti-fantasy stances.

Previously we got GOSICK, Kami-sama no Memochou, and Dantalian no Shokan, as far as the year has run. However, Un-Go needs no need to make use of a loli-detective as a protagonist and while plays fairly the detective genre, the focus is founded more upon the complex layers that define the characters' personalities going from the protagonists themselves to the victims to the criminals once disenmasqueraded.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote