View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 09:11   Link #3651
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I went to a legal clinic for advice, and what I was told is the onus for proving irresponsibility is almost the same as proving that my father is unfaithful : quite an impossibility unless strap him to a slanted table and pour water down his nose.
Unfaithful to whom? Presumably to your mother? You already said your father is having an extra-marital affair. Plus, you can barely make ends meet, so how is the Tribunal supposed to make you pay for your father's upkeep?

And let's not forget, the parent has to be at least 60 or above. So, unless your father is already at that age, I'd say he is the least of your problems at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Regarding the WDA, I have thought through that but I doubt I have the time to make a F2F interview. The other options I have considered in the past is to peddle drugs or be a loanshark runner, but I wasn't as desperate as I am now so I ditched them. Wished I had take them up and saved money back then when it is still available - having a conscience kinda sucks.
This is where it's hard to decide how seriously I should take your problems — you clearly know that being a runner for drugs or loan-sharking syndicates is out of the question. If you really did believe they were valid options, you wouldn't be talking about them in public.

And why don't you have time to make a face-to-face interview with WDA? Can't you make time when your livelihood depends on it?

While its commendable that you're trying to continue education while working at the same time, if you can't balance the two, you have to sacrifice one or the other. Hence, I strongly suggest you do whatever you can to save your job first.

MeoTwister5 (below): Don't know what you mean by "emancipation laws" in this context. You'd have to elaborate.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote