View Single Post
Old 2010-05-30, 03:09   Link #2038
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Kid, if you're 18 now you were a baby subsisting on a diet of milk and subsolid foods when the original EVA was first released.

It has been 15 years and Hideaki Anno has changed, for the better. And so have all the fans who watched Evangelion at its debut or early on and have grown up 10-15 years later. The distance for you may only be a few small years, you probably do not realize how SIGNIFICANT the changes to the characters are to Anno and the series' fans after all this time.

Sure, some fans may be stuck in 1995 with the Evangelion drenched with existential dread, anxiety and angst. Anno has certainly moved on; as much as EVA TV was a manifestation of his psyche then, EVA Rebuild (note - rebuild, not remake) is a manifestation of his pscyhe now.

I loved 2.22, and I still love the original Eva. Can't wait for 3.0 and 4.0, and then have a mega collection and watch them all all over again!
Actually, although I disagree with Reckoner's conclusions, I think he's done an excellent job of articulating why he dislikes 2.22.

And his arguments are totally valid, and totally understandable. And I for one respect him for getting his thoughts out there in a cogent way. So I don't think there's any need to slight him for being 18, or for disliking the movie. He clearly cares a lot about Eva, and has put a lot of thought into it.

I do wish he'd change his sig, but hey...you can't have everything, right?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote