View Single Post
Old 2011-09-25, 10:15   Link #1526
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

I'm not quite sure where you're taking this line of reasoning, LMK, but I feel that I need to make a few points.

First, vocal pathology aside, people don't ever really "stop" singing. It's a fundamental method of communication. You can no more give it up than you could give up on talking. You do it even when you so much as unconciously hum a tune.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Fame has to do with the size of the audience that you can reach, not your ability to reach them. Those girls from episode 18 may not have remembered who Sheryl was, but Alto certainly did. He both told and showed her how Sheryl's songs had inspired him. Conversely, Ranka had virtually all of Frontier's eyes on her, but as she pointed out to Brera in episode 21: her songs could never reach the one person whom she wanted them to reach.

This is an important theme in the show. Music is a force that connects us all together (kind of like the fold, I suppose). It doesn't matter what species you are. It doesn't matter whether you're in front of millions of screaming fans during a parade thrown in your honor, or if you're huddled in a shelter bathed by the spotlight of the emergency lighting, praying for everyone's survival. Music happens when you reach out with your heart.