View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 20:29   Link #262
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Please don't take offense for not taking you at your words. I highly doubt you'd actually be willing had it come to that.

And this is what I was talking about. We can be calm and discuss about it and claim about things like this, but pardon me if I think all this is really ephemeral and a party of masks, and that basic survival instinct would take over before any kind of ideology.

One should not feel ashamed for wanting to live though. Your own life comes first, then those close to you, then everyone else at the very end of the list. It is very human to think that way. One might call you selfish for wanting to be a sole survivor of an accident that dragged more life, but so could those who'd rather have that one life extinguished instead of theirs.
Not everyone puts an extremely high priority on self-preservation, which is partly why soldier's don't constantly flee their military service or why you don't hear regular stories about firefighters sacrificing civilains in order to save their own lives. I don't think it's that bizarre when people say they'd act selflessly, especially in such an extreme scenario. If I asked a random parent whether they'd sacrifice their own life for that of their child, they'd almost certainly say "yes" and I'd believe them. And sacrificing thousands of lives for your own would be selfish just as answering "no" to the previous question would make you a bad parent.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon

Last edited by LunarMoon; 2012-05-18 at 20:48.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote