View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 11:15   Link #80
itachi-san314

I agree that this chapter sucks, but I also think you guys are jumping the gun. there's clearly going to be a lot more to this story than has been revealed yet. I remember not caring about nagato's backstory for the first few chapters, but then when all was said and done I liked it. so I guess we'll see. if left at just this then yea, it sucks, but i highly doubt this is all there will be to obito's character. we may have to watch a fight (although probably awesome) before we get our answers though. naruto doesn't even want to talk right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Still, I have to love when Naruto asks "Who is he?", more or less validating the argument of how unimportant Obito was to the story. And now that Madara is on hand, that means Kakashi and Gai will defeat Tobi, further cementing the fact that Tobi=Obito makes the character irrelevant to the main story (which features Naruto).
naruto has no reason to know obito. he also didn't know nagato. i dont see your point. no matter who tobi turned out to be, naruto wouldn't have known him. he had to be at least 1 generation older than naruto's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so let's see, it looks like madara is palpatine and obito is anakin skywalker who turned dark side because his girl died. he also got himself physically mutilated. i keep hearing the imperial march theme for some weird reason.
i thought this too. it's just like the crappy prequels... at least we don't have to suffer through James Earl Jones asking about Padme... but we may have to suffer through a 'where's Rin? NNNnnooOoOOooOo!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Minato was able to bitch-slap Obito using his speed so technically Naruto should be able to as well, shouldn't he?
not really. it's assuming tobi didn't improve over that time. and also naruto doesn't have those teleportation skills yet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote