View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 22:54   Link #31
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

As these replies have shown, just keep in mind there are many who find the first series just as good as Brotherhood...I personally found the ending in the first series more symbolic of the journey, by the end of Brotherhood I was completely burned out by how epic everything was...It was literally so epic that I popped my wad 2-3 eps before the series concluded...The first series also focuses on characters that Brotherhood tosses to the wayside too early and in some cases unwisely...

I'd say the first incarnation does the comedy a little better, has more subtle characterizations, and a stronger overall focus because of the smaller cast, but Brotherhood has some of the most epic episodes of anime individually it's hard not to slobber over some of them (I'm looking at you little dude in the flask origin ep)...The cast is bloated but I gotta say, B'Hood might have the best collection of antagonist//villain characters in shonen, and the action sequences with said characters are revved up a bit with 2010's animation...

So I don't really think it matters which one you start first, you're bound to lean toward the one that captured you're heart initially, but they are both great series IMO with each having strong yet contrasting qualities...