View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 18:14   Link #12
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
It certainly does have romance. Wikipedia states that. Check it and you'll see.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown"[/URL]
I does indeed have action which may seem as the main thing in the series but there is romance and it is always there.
Since you ssay it does, and wikipedia also states it, I'll give it a shot once my current animes finish. By the way, how well does the romance and characters develop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Have you watched Fate/Zero? Yes, it's more action and talking than romance. But I think if you enjoyed Fate/stay night, you will enjoy this regardless of if it has romance.

I'm pretty sure you've watched Angel Beats, but I'll throw it out there anyways just in case. There is Kore wa Zombie desu ka? as well.

Going way back for classics, I will recommend one of my favorite anime of all time, Rurouni Kenshion: Tsuiokuhen. Even if you didn't watch Rurouni Kenshin first, you may appreciate the interwoven plot between romance and action. It is done amazingly.

Another good action/romance anime is Saikano. The art style may be a bit disruptive, but the plot and character development, in my opinion, are done well. There are lots of spoilers abound, so if you do extra "searching" for this anime, beware.

You might like Mahoromatic or you might not. It's not your typical romance/action anime, but there's more romance than fighting, sort of, but there's also comedy and school aspects as well.

Lastly, you can give Kaze no Stigma a chance. It's an interesting anime for sure but the romance develops slowly... There are side plots as well that adds to the anime, which I like. Have fun.

List of other anime you may like but might not have enough romance or action for you: Tales of Symphonia, Scrapped Princess, Gunslinger Girl, Inukami!, Macross Frontier, Seiken no Blacksmith, Senjou no Valkyria, D.N.Angel, Romeo x Juliet, Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
I have watched or put on my waiting list most of the anime you stated except a few. Right now I'm going to start Mai-Hime. Kaze no Stigma was fun but dissappointing and very sad that the author had died (RIP). It's an incomplete story sadly since the romance didn't reveal itself 100%. On Valkyria Chronicles, is romance the main drive of the plot (such as Shakugan no Shana) ?