View Single Post
Old 2009-04-14, 16:13   Link #887
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Tank chassis just looks plain weird. As if they grabbed Panzerkampfwagen IV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_IV) base and slightly upgraded the front to be more curved.
I am quite certain the tank chassis was heavily inspired by the King Tiger as well. I made a very rough comparison several posts earlier, and it would appear that the Edelweiss retained many of the subtle details of the King Tiger

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/7383/image2.jpg

Quote:
Wheelbase has clear signature of interwar period (between 1919 and 1938). Small wheels on base due to metallurgical and technological limitations of the period are visible on the tank and separate small track carrying wheels on top. This was discarded in WW2 tanks in favor of having a single set of larger wheels.

All in all, edelweiss looks like a weird mish-mash of 1920 tech and 1940 tech.
The Edelweiss was developed int he First Europa War. Although what puzzles me is the fact that the Gallians obviously learned nothing from developing the Edelweiss. Being too expensive or too complex is just not an excuse. Instead of retaining some of its more useful features, like sloped armor, the Gallian Army opted for the Panzer IV Ausf H sans the 75KwK 40 L/43.

Quote:
Another hilarious moment of "err, that's not how it works" is noted at 14 minutes into the episode, when edelweiss shoots two tanks dead within 2 seconds with it's main gun. Notably, even modern autoloaders would not be able to reload main gun that fast, much less a skeleton crew of 3 on a WW2 tank which generally had to be reloaded manually.
Shoot, even the game won't let you do that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote