View Single Post
Old 2010-09-05, 09:06   Link #159
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I like this notion, however, i couldnt cosign the idea of an uzumaki final villain because I would prefer the uzumaki name stay on the side of good...
I don't think that Kishi wants us to view this world in black and white, good and evil, and so every clan and every man has it's good and bad side. Just look at the scene where Naruto says to Sasuke that they could have standed in each other's place if history went in a somewhat different way (that was when Sasuke had rasengan and Naruto chidori in one picture). We also could see the "inner naruto" at the waterfall. Even Kisame had something good in him, despite being a monster ninja. So you can't just say that everybody within the Uzumaki clan will be on the good side. The whole history of hatred that is now a central theme of the manga has very much influenced the fate of the Uzumaki clan. So whoever survived sure can be very well on the evil/destructive side of the story.

What we could see at the kage meeting was that the guy who says he is Madara is giving away his plans too easily. Did he really believe that the kages will agree to his plan? Or maybe he just wanted to reaffirm his belief that the ninjas would choose war over peace and so he is right that the ninja system must be destroyed? In the latter case he did it just to calm down his conscience, that the world has not become better and he has the right to destroy this system.

BTW it would be a nice plot twist if Konan and the alliance forces kill Madara/Tobi now, just to find out that it was a controlled body and they don't know the truth
And of course in the meantime Zetsu steals the eyes

Unfortunately even if there are more and more clues that the masked man is not exactly Madara, still there are even more hard facts that he is indeed Madara. The way he talks about himself shows that he has to be Madara, anyone else would probably not talk like that. But we have already seen extremly unlikely scenarios, for example Itachi's story.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote