View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 20:16   Link #24
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
the fight was alright, still don't understand how a punch in the face breaks her button on her shirt, so no exchange of stab sword, but now exchanging rights to AC, but who are they trading with and what are they getting, i enjoyed the second half of the ep a little more, Index punching Touma instead on biting him was a nice change, so Biri Biri meets Touma's parents and get embarrassed by her mom, i liked how she noticed "like farther like son", i think Orian ran into Touma's dad on purpose and maybe stuck one of those shorthand papers on him, or maybe not but i'm still suspicious of her, the lunch place was another funny encounter, Index and Biri Biri fighting over Touma, but everyone was surprised that her mother was so young
Oriana ran into Touma's dad by accident. What originally happened was that Touma's mom was exhibiting a terrifying aura because he was being friendly with Mikoto's mom. Touma's dad backs away slowly, bumps into Oriana, turns around to bow and say sorry, and plants his face into her boobs by accident. Like father, like son indeed.

There's no reason to put a shorthand card on a random bystander because 1. that's just a waste of magic and 2. Oriana does not want to needlessly hurt anyone. In that spell where she said Touma would die if he moved, note that the lines do not touch Touma even though she could have made it do so. She intended for the attacks to miss where he was and surround him before she rendered him unconscious. Touma ignored her warning and stepped into the danger zone, which is why she called him an idiot.

She's carrying out this trade because she truly believes that St. Peter's Cross would make everyone happy.

These are all stated, shown, or implied in the episode itself, so they're not spoilers.

Quote:
Thank you.
This is really helping to understand things that the anime rushes, even though it takes me more time to read these than to watch the episode itself (my reading speed is very low).
One of the main reasons why I love Index is because of all these little details I can pick up on, analyze, and connect together. The anime glosses over a lot of significant information, so I'm happy to provide excerpts that clear up confusion and to answer the questions I can.