View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 11:12   Link #2170
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The sad thing is, they only found out about Meer when they took action. Prior to that, Meer hardly registered as a blimp on their radar. Even after they found out about Meer, battle had already been raging for a while now. Moreover, Lacus at the time probably thought Meer to be a little more than a nuisance and pretty much left it at that.

Could she have exposed Meer earlier? Certainly, but that only fuels the creditability of the Earth forces and its not exactly what Lacus wanted, or in the best interest of Cagali, especially when her relatives were Alliance sympathizers.

- Tak
A nuisance? I can't believe that Lacus would take such an abuse of her image and power and just brush it aside as though it were nothing. Given some thought, I'm certain she would've realized the consequences of such a person being under Dullindal's manipulative thumb.

You may be right in the Earth Forces' credibility being boosted, however Dullindal could easily make the argument that he was trying to unite his people in the midst of the horror of Junius 7 crashing to Earth, which is pretty much what he was trying to do. So even if the Earth Forces were to take advantage of the deception, Dullindal could stay his position as a peace-favoring ruler and perhaps even use their bullying to unite his people even further.

The Earth Forces' argument for engaging in the war was that Coordinators dropped Junius 7 onto Earth. By solidifying his position as one for peace, Dullindal could directly oppose that view through his actions, albeit somewhat misguided ones, and bring real debate to the floor as to whether this was a war that needed to be fought. Having that kind of controversy on the table could bring a much deeper set of emotions and hatred out into the open, making for a far more appealing story.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote