View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 06:52   Link #93
Arya

I know, Yuno/Yuki have spent really much more time together, but what I'm saying is that all that time spent was "forced" and didn't push them anywhere.

Inori and Shu lived under the same roof for a while and they spent (the most significant) time together during the school arc. We saw them having their time, but most of which was implied. We saw the tyrant-Shu ruling the school mercilessly and at the same time we saw the *inner* Shu, the true Shu, being with Inori every moment he could, they lived in symbiosis. Inori saw him suffering the king role, a role that didn't fit him at all and went against his true self, true self who was something more similar to Hare's *loser* king wish.

So if from one side Inori learned many feelings from Shu, on the other side her learning has reflected on how she stayed next to him being supportive and practically saving him from all that trauma and despair.
And as I said, Inori is not your usual schoolgirl, she started her life as a nutshell first and lived in a military enviroment afterward. So the phrase "shu showed me another world" make sense to me, in many ways.
But, as I said before, the most of their relation development was offscreen, so it's up to us how to fill the holes the writers left (some willingly, other unwillingly).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.