View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 09:16   Link #18
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Well... no. That was the point of the episode actually, that this was not his usual self.

It's pretty much the after-effect of the Irisu case. His previous excitation while solving the movie mystery was out of character for him, and the realisation that he was being manipulated and lied to just made him worst.

The highlight of the episode where the three other members of the club though. They stuck by Oreki no matter which mood he had, and eventually got him out of his slump. Those are some very precious friends he has there.
There is nothing like a pool, beach, or hot springs episode to usually lighten the mood (although another anime proves that wrong). I do understand that the whole point of the episode was detox Mr. Grumpy from the ill-effects of the poisonous Black Widow Spider from the previous arc.

And I can't really argue with much what you say here, particularly about the other three (But does he consider them friends? Would he do the same for them? I think not.), but you didn't answer my question: What was he "getting back at them" for? What had they previously done to him that would deserve the cold-shoulder, monosyllable treatment? Or am I misinterpreting your meaning?