View Single Post
Old 2010-06-30, 17:26   Link #1
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Parasite Eve spin-off "The 3rd Birthday" (Square Enix, PSP, TPP Action RPG)

Anyone else looking forward to this title? The E3 2010 teaser trailer got me all worked up, totally!

I swear to the hells, this game will make me buy a PSP. This game alone.

I've already got it worked out, to buy the PSP, play this game, send it to my Metal Gear-head friend so he can play MGS Peacewalker, then have him send it back so I can sell it.

I'm annoyed with Square-Enix on one hand, because I was hoping that they'd release a proper Parasite Eve title on the PS3/360 (and really hoping, but not expecting, a PC port of said title).

I'm also annoyed with Square-Enix that this did not get released for mobile like it was originally intended. If it had, it would be on the iPhone/iPod touch in North America, and since I've got my eye on a 32GB touch... you get the idea.

But on the other hand, I'm just very excited to see something that isn't Final Fantasy derived come out of Square Enix's Japanese game studios. I've always loved the Parasite Eve series, despite the games having more than their fair share of flaws, I still love them today.

Related: Anyone else think, at the end of that video (with all the lovely Clothing Damage), Aya looks... really, really moe?

But still... rather badass... as she hefts the M4 carbine?

Edit: I do apologize for the lack of general information, but Square Enix has been rather tight-lipped about what goes on in this game. Aya's Parasite Energy hasn't been spoken of, and the only thing we can really gather from the video and SE's T3B page is the Overdrive System, which apparently functions in a similar manner to the Agents from The Matrix...

Should give us some cool gameplay, though!

(Here's hoping they bring back Yoko Shimomura to do the soundtrack, I liked hers a lot better than Naoshi Mizuta's work on PE2.)

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2010-07-01 at 14:15. Reason: title clarification
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote