View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 13:28   Link #29
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be fair, it is one thing for an unknown individual to tell you that your clan was doing something bad, and it is another when a member of your clan tells you they are doing something bad. Itachi confirmed for Sasuke that the Uchiha Clan was not simply traitorous to Konoha, but their actions would have led to the deaths of tens of thousands throughout the ninjaverse. Consequently, despite Sasuke's hard-on for revenge he now knows (even if he is not willing to accept) that Konoha was mostly justified in their preemptive actions against the clan.
I think you've completely missing the point of this chapter if you think it was about the Uchiha being in the wrong.

This was all about family bond and still doing what you feel is right even when it's a necessary (in the best of case) evil.
This is what both Itachi and his parents felt at the end : I can't agree with your actions but I love you anyway which in turn mirrors the relation between Sasuke and Itachi. And perhaps with a little more understanding to the relation the Uchiha clan and Konoha's power that be could have been without all this mistrust.

Oh yeah and personally I think that except for the fact they couldn't have succeeded the Uchiha were the ones in the right.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote