View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 09:27   Link #75
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
I get the idea fine. But anyone who knows my taste knows that I don't like stuff that try to be intelligent whilst succumbing to mainstream cliches (particularly not the LN ones). Not that I automatically dislike stuff like that, but they rarely impress me because it either feels like the intelligent stuff is tacked on rather than the main focus or it's too preachy for my tastes. I like the messages Sakurasou is trying to get through. What I don't like is the fact that we have a genius autistic girl who can't put on her own underwear, misunderstandings that aren't particularly clever, and do I even have to mention Episode 7? Almost none of them enhance the ideas, but rather distract from them.

I didn't dislike the episode because it didn't have enough drama (because I hated the drama in every episode prior to this due to the music and rain overblowing everything). I disliked it because the humor was lousy and felt artificial. Inviting Sorata to a pool party to cheer him up? Great. Jumping into his room and dumping a thousand female swimsuits on him whilst yelling really loudly? Not so great.

Or maybe I'm just harsh on it because Kokoro Connect gave me a very deep scar when it comes to LN adaptations that tackle "real" issues.
Its the drama that is sooo badly played that its lacking in credibility and empathy towards characters like Sorata and her depressive friend isn't helping too, and I'm not gonna keep wacthing the show just for the characters that barely have focuss. So, I'll stop watching it, maybe I'll end it someday.