Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-20, 23:12   Link #2546
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
The problem is, if this show was supposed to be some kind of jab at fans of Da Capo, Angel Beats!, ect., the storytelling is so blatant but the characters are so sincere it's like the show suffered an identity crisis. Maybe the characters can be more disrespectful next time a series like this comes up so it's clear it's making fun of us.
I wouldn't say that it's making fun of anyone, but I also think this terribly odd dichotomy is the point. Really "human" characters that make us feel for them, really "artificial" plot devices that manipulate us as blatantly as possible. We know exactly what's going on, but somehow we still feel for the people anyway, just like the character in the show can do nothing but be pushed around by the circumstances they face.

It's basically exposing our feeling for what they are in their most raw form: reactions to stimuli. It's twisted, but I also find it pretty fascinating, even as (especially as?) someone who loves the Da Capo/Angel Beats/etc. of the world.