Thread: Licensed Sukitte Ii na yo
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 01:12   Link #92
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Episode two was really awkward since it combined chapter 2-3, and rearranged somethings to possibly add to the development of Mei and the other supporting characters. It was nice to see the Nakanishi and Asami scene being animated and they kept his poor choice of words and proof of his love and awkwardness regarding how he feels about Asami intact, which was good. More exploration of Yamato's character was present especially since it partakes to his "Mr. Nice Guy" and "Ally of All Woman" kind of mentally and how it puts the cloud of doubt onto Mei and how it frustrates her at the same time. Makes sense concerning his position as the most popular guy who kissed many girls and the issues regarding an old crush he had. Which of course will cause Mei to feel threatened and somewhat intimidated by that fact.

What I really liked about this episode were the questions of whether Yamato's intentions of him kissing Mei were out of love, interest, or him being the nice guy that he is, and it came out as much as the latter. Mei struggling with her feelings about the kiss and Yamato in general was an interesting take as well, considering as I previously stated that she feels awkward and somewhat threatened due to him being friendly with other girls and even knowing the existence of a crush he had. I wonder if there's more to his popular that meets the eye... who knows? Those traits however truly define in what we see in his character, for now.

At the end it seems that her heart is in the right place when comes to her feelings about Yamato. Her frustrations when it comes to him kissing her without knowing his intention truly came into play in a good way, and that's good, since it adds a bit more "realism" to her character and a slight big departure from her cynical nature that can be present at times.

It makes me wonder if the pace of development was great or felt lacking, but didn't feel either of the two. Despite that the overall episode was truly enjoyable despite a few things being rearranged. The development between Mei and Yamato is going smoothly like the original chapters/medium, but am interested to see where this will go in the next episode or two.