Thread: Smile Precure
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 12:03   Link #822
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
When you dismiss things like plot or character development or drama, all shows become "good." But please don't be snarky towards other people for having higher standards. Believe it or not, not all MOTW shows have the same level of quality in regards to the things you don't care about.
An interesting plot and strong drama can improve the quality of a show, but the lack thereof won't necessarily sink it. Ditto for character development. What a particular show needs of any of these elements is dependent on what kind of show it is, and how it generates entertaining content. Smile's strengths play to different elements, so it can be perfectly enjoyable even if they're absent - it's a lot like Looney Tunes that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Else, by what standard do you claim that Heartcatch is good, or that Suite and Doki Doki are bad?
Heartcatch is better than Smile because it's better at the things that Smile is good at. It's way too early to pass any judgement on Doki Doki yet, and I hesitate to label Suite as a bad show - just uninspired. I passed on the latter because it stopped being fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
A superhero show MUST have drama.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I remember that episode. Quite fun, espescially when Cure Happy "showers" all the moles, which make them pop out of their holes.
The obvious lesson for kids is that if you're not winning a game, you should blast everything with magic powers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
That's up to personal opinion of each viewer.
True enough, but usually there are reasons why you'd call a show bad. Smile has good writing, mostly good characters, decent action, and enjoyable episodes. These point more to a show being good instead, so I can't help but wonder what those reasons are.