View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 19:28   Link #294
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post

But I can't help from saying..
Um..He started fighting because of Ranka. When given the choice to think of why he's fighting...He looks at Ranka and then says something like that's right.
It is true Alto piloted the VF-25 for the first time partially because of Ranka, but that is definitely not his primary reason to pilot. Lets not forget, he wanted to do that all along. Furthermore, he voluntarily went to the battlefield to observe the spectacles never realizing Ranka was there. Ranka or no Ranka, he would have jumped that VF-25 anyway when given a chance.

And he would have joined the SMS with or without, knowing or without knowing Ranka. Joining the SMS was him making a practical choice. If he didn't, the military would have arrested him anyway.

Quote:
He primped when he was going to see her <--If a brother worries about his looks when he going to see his sister...That's incest
This is Japanese pop culture, incest is... fairly commonplace.

Quote:
Another thing...Who says Ranka's weak?
Ranka is not weak, but she has this one thing different from both Alto and Sheryl.

Both A & S have goals in life. Alto wanted to be a pilot while Sheryl wanted to be the galaxy's most (in)famous diva. Both of them actively sought after whatever prerequisites they might need to achieve their objectives, even if their methods were different. Alto is more straightforward, while Sheryl is more on-the-go.

Ranka on the other hand, often requires some sort of a catalyst. She certainly displayed a lot of weakness in the early episodes and it was not until episode 10 when she thought she should play the role of Mao or all hopes are lost. Nonetheless, she chose to star in the role because once again, Alto and Sheryl kissing acted as a catalyst. Alto and Sheryl more often just 'go at it', while Rank is more passive in that regard.

Quote:
Oh yeah ...I don't know if you know it...But you sound like Sheryl/Alto to me. <--Which is fine by me...
Oh, and he is not the only one To be honest, the image of Alto x Ranka is very disturbing to me, both visually and/or mentally... doesn't feel right.

- Tak (although I don't rule out the possibility of taking Ranka as a concubine)