View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 00:50   Link #302
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
On the other hand, I'm still not seeing what sort of essential plot purpose makes this twist beyond an elaborate seven-year troll spanning two series.
It's hard to say. If it's not just "Hahahah, suckers!" it could be there to show that believing in destined lovers throughout the ages is not a good idea, that it's not a good enough reason to believe you should be with someone, and you need to think of people as the person they are now. In this, we can draw a parallel between what Amata says about loving Mikono as she is now, and Kagura who believes or has been brainwashed into believing that it's all because of destiny. As well as that, Amata and Zessica have spent a decent quantity of EVOL angsting about believing that Mikono and Kagura were fated lovers.

But were they really destined? Apollo and Silvia just promised to meet again in the next life. The cycle that we thought was Celiane and Apollonius always falling in love again due to fate got broken before we even knew it.

I can't quite remember myself, but Fudo and perhaps others (In Sousei) have apparently made a point of saying that the characters shouldn't be getting too hung up about their past lives.

The king of getting caught up obsessively about the past is Mykage(/Toma). He's an extreme example. I can't see EVOL getting a satisfying ending without finally resolving his issues. It's going to a real groaner if it ends with "And Toma was defeated, but he'll be back next time, even angrier".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
I mean in Genesis. Apollo's the reincarnation of the winged hound. In the first episode, he called Vector Sol and it responded. Why? We all thought it was because he was Apollonious, but it turns out he's not.
That's a difficult one. I hope they'll explain it (via explaining why Kagura can do it).

The only things I can think of so far are that Apollo wasn't all Pollon, but that he had some part of Apollonius merged with him, however small. Or perhaps Apollonius for some reason gave Pollon power to access Aquarion. I was joking earlier about him leaving Pollon the car keys, but perhaps he did. It could even have been an accident.

Another possibility is that the vector did that because Apollonius was responding to Pollon's soul. It doesn't have to be a power that Pollon possesses himself.