View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 02:33   Link #314
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Pollon may look like a dog but he is a Shadow Angel like Apollonius. The one that joined him leaving the Shadow Angels siding with the humans.
No, it's just a dog. All Angels have a specific naming (except for Apollonius, though even he was called "Angel of Massacre"). It's "Angel X, Name" - like Touma was Seitenshi Touma, Holy Angel Touma. Pollon is just called "winged dog". (I'd been wondering why Mykage's name doesn't fit the theme, but at least that was explained in this ep.) The drama CD info that someone posted earlier (before this ep), the only piece of canon where Pollon seems to have been named before Evol, mentions that he was Apollonius' and Celiane's pet. So, dog. They also had fairies and stuff in Atlandia, there were more than just angels there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In the original Aquarion it always emphasized on the partnership of the Element pilots. Celiane may have been Apollonius lover but he has a partner in Pollon.
It would've been nice if someone told Celiane, though. All the time she/Silvia never realized that the person she was in love with wasn't who she thought he was. I think this is not sweet, more like pretty skeevy. (Watch them not even addressing this issue in any forthcoming interviews. )

Btw I think it's a good indicator of how well Genesis foreshadowed this twist (I'm being sarcastic here) that the Japanese wiki page for Genesis (the TV series) has just added any substantial information on Pollon, and this info is only what we learned in Evol (before it was just "a dog"). The page for the OVA still doesn't mention him except for that drama CD I mentioned above, which is I think the only place the dog was ever actually named before Evol.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-06-05 at 02:46.