View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 22:07   Link #3144
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Don't worry, you're not alone in thinking that the author destroyed his interesting concept of Butei.

I don't think he even establish it.

Given the idea future world is full of crime that people now draft high school students as armed axillary police (Yet paradoxically deny them the right to kill), then the future of the world is damn grim. Yet...there is little sign the world is any different than present day Japan (or England, or China, whatever). In fact the whole environment appear to be "Classic Japanese High School" setting, except with a Fire Arm law that is way liberal than anything current world situation with exception of lawless state like Somalia.

The author could had made the story a lot more interesting to see the MC and Aria take down more mundane foes(Italian Mob, Japanese Yukaza, or Chinese Triad, etc). He tried to make the SS Division (I.E magic users) to be some ultra-secret group, but practically ever female character introduced have some kind of ability, and all enemies must be spell casters which completely diminish the mystique of the "mysterious I-U" rather fast.

I find Riken the Sniper girl to be the most interesting of the group, because she actually HIT her target now and then.

So there is the crux of what I am asking. Does the story get better past V4...or does it make even less sense?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote