View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 22:11   Link #3152
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
MAYBE, but there should had been some progression in the story, something to show the effectiveness of the Butei other than combating super-villains. I was really hoping Riko could fill the role the way she used poisonous gas, bombed an Airplane etc.
You have a bit of a point there, but the author is probably thinking that we just accept that part, since Kinji andmfriwnds are hardly normal Butei in the first place.

Quote:
It could had been great watching them fight each other over the world. But noooo, in V4 suddenly all her crimes get erased (I don't know about you, the stuff she did in today's world would land her in Fed Max if not death penality), and she join the harem.

I see Diurnal, the mysterious descendant of Jon Arc, and what she do? Join the harem in like...5 minutes. If all these criminals warrant did crimes that goes up to 200-400 years, then how is they are left free to go to class while Aria's Mom end up in jail for upward of centuries? Just how messed up is this future world's legal system?
The plea bargain thing is a bit out there, but apparently the info they give out is worth it. Murderers go free in witness protection amyway

Quote:
Escalating firepower.
Don't quite see it that way.

Quote:
Well, like I said, I stopped at V4 with the Petra shoot-in-Aria's heart-curse bullet thing. Plus, 99% of her attacks was through magic. That is fine. But if 99% of the butei's foes and ally all have magic, then one have to ask just what kind of setting the author have in mind.
That's an exaggeration. In fact, the way both modern firearms and magic are both used can be said to be one of the charms of this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's easy, actually; introduce a Badass Normal that could fight on equal terms with Kinji on Hysteria Mode. That said, I hate how Kinji could do anything under Hysteria mode.
That's OK once or twice. But the more you do that, the more trivial Hysteria Mode becomes.

Quote:
I disagree. There should be a better way for Kinji to get decent foes than to give everyone powers. Someone who was able to amass mercenaries or do anything with money or someone who has trained so well in martial arts that Kinji's bullets are swiftly evaded would be decent foes for Kinji.
I find the constrast of magic versus guns to be rather interesting. As I mentioned before, Kinji continually fighting guys like that with Hysteria Mode would be dull. It's like putting Spider-Man in a world with no supervillains. He could get by beating up mobsters and martial artists and what not, but it would feel sort of unbalanced, having only one person with superpowers around.

Quote:
The Butei System only goes from E to S at the start of the series. If the author had to introduce another rank for Butei just to shove superweapons-of-a-character in it, then I have to say that he has mismanaged the power rankings, and is making the supposed strongest Rank S second-best.
Honestly, I think you're exaggerating it. If it helps, just think of it as the 10 best S-ranks getting a special rank.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote