View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 22:21   Link #3153
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
You have a bit of a point there, but the author is probably thinking that we just accept that part, since Kinji andmfriwnds are hardly normal Butei in the first place.
Do the normal (i.e., no special abilities) Butei actually help the specials in high-profile missions? I always had the impressions that most of the missions involve the protagonists and most of the supporting cast are simply shoved aside.

Quote:
That's OK once or twice. But the more you do that, the more trivial Hysteria Mode becomes.
Toaru Majutsu no Index did exceptionally well with the Imagine Breaker. Might be powerful, but it can backfire against him and can be easily worked around. I was hoping that Hysteria Mode acted in a similar way as Touma's right hand ability.

Quote:
I find the constrast of magic versus guns to be rather interesting. As I mentioned before, Kinji continually fighting guys like that with Hysteria Mode would be dull. It's like putting Spider-Man in a world with no supervillains. He could get by beating up mobsters and martial artists and what not, but it would feel sort of unbalanced, having only one person with superpowers around.
Maybe it's my preference. I wanted this series to be more down-to-earth when it comes to guns since most light novels nowadays rely on fantasy and magic. To me, what's dull is Kinji always fighting at the forefront. Reminds me all too much of Fairy Tail, etc.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote