View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 09:36   Link #3158
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

While I am no fan of bleach, I think Bleach handle the it better. In chapter one we already "see" magic when that girl walk through the MC's bedroom. So we know magic is not that common.

Here, we have the ultra secretive "Magic user" at school, and they are no longer a secret by volume II.

I-U being this super powerful organization? Well, the #2 showed up in what? Volume 3? Not to mention the "Professor" himself showed up in V4. Make you wonder if it is not much of an organization than a regular club.

So even for shonoen battle mangas, it has very low value other than Rom-Com stuff.

The other problem is the hysteria mode thing. At first the author tried to scientifically explain hysteria mode as sexual arousal lead to chemical production etc etc...then by V3 everyone is shooting fireballs from their palm anyway.

I think my favorite volume was actually V1, where Riko did that plane hijacking, bomb the plane, and fled, and with his fellow Butei's help, they were able to land the plane safely. After that....not so much at all.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote