View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 23:38   Link #208
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
So at the moment I'm still hoping, as a gamer, that XIII: Versus will be released, but my common sense tells me that this game is dead, or will be branded as something else.
There's too much work and hype put into Versus at this point for it not to come out. Whether it's renamed something else is or not doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
FF7 is far more ambitious and grand than any current FFs. That's why it isn't possible to create a modern remake; to re-create everything in modern CGI would be impossibly expensive
I think SE is capable of remaking FFVII on consoles, but the time and effort spent on that instead of a brand new FF would be hard to justify especially with such a different market as we have today.

Quote:
I mean, there is a reason they said having shops is too hard in FFXIII. There are just too many characters and backgrounds to re-create. Current SE is not capable of replicating VII while still earn a profit.
It was Towns not shops (which FFXIII-2 had anyway). To be quite frank they aren't be far the only one ones having trouble in this area. Hell, Xenoblade barely has any buildings the player can enter and most of cities vary between one to two screens despite being the most expansive game this gen. Most other RPGs nowadays either have one hub with limited interaction or the buildings are just window dressing.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote