View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 22:06   Link #116
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I just noticed that Aikei Yukiko is animation director/character designer. That adds more evidence that Studio 8 is the one producing this.

But man, Dengeki are really betting on this and SAO being hits. I mean, getting A-1 Pictures and Sunrise to produce them, and even giving both 2-cour. Really hoping they end up meeting expectations.
Man, looking at rest of the staff list, I'm getting more and more hyped. I can already tell the animation's going to be extremely gorgeous.

CG Producer: Eiji Inomoto (this resume list is pretty amazing) I don't think anything can go wrong with this guy in charge.

Rest of the people are like mix match from SoraKake, My-Hime/Otome, and Horizon. The 2 out of the 3 mech designers are from Horizon's team. This is like guaranteed Studio 8. The only thing I need to worry about is really just Yoshino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So basically it's a lot like a shonen tournament fighter only with a sci-fi modern gaming twist? If so that actually sounds kind of neat.
Kinda. Except like Undertaker mentioned, the stake's pretty high. The neural feedback thingy adds a twist later on
Spoiler for later:

I like the story because it's very easy to screw it up, but so far Kawahara has been pretty fun about the whole plot. Even if the story turns out to be horrible, which I really really hope it doesn't (how many times have I said this now), I'm definitely going to watch it for the animation at this point. Also, there's mech, but not mecha, so your idea about Sunrise's involvement in this isn't totally off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
The official site has been updated! About, News, Character, Duel Avatar, Books, Game, Special:
http://accel-world.net/

It looks so awesome!
Indeed. I spent a little while browsing every single page since they all had different backgrounds that I recognize. The Staff and Cast page (with the Squash score) completely blew my mind compared to how I imagined it while reading it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote