View Single Post
Old 2006-08-09, 18:25   Link #53
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Takano did it. No one that creepy could be innocent. I almost threw my fork (I was eating a burrito) when she popped up at the library
Heck, she still startled me the second time I watched it. Scary woman, she is.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who got scared of Takano not once but a few times. I have been saying it before but I will reiterate - Takano's seiyuu's doing such a masterful job. She just sounds as if she knows every damned secret in the world and the more gruesome they are, the more happy she gets.

Quote:
Interesting point: Oryou and Mion were talking about Takano and Tomitake going into the shrine, but we didn't hear anything about Shion and K1. Doesn't mean they don't know, but they may not.
Well, Oryou did mention some young guy but since Oryou is so old we can't say whether she meant K1 or Tomitake. Anyway, in Watanagashi-hen on the next day (or maybe a bit later?) the whole village population seemed to know about the four of them breaking in.

Quote:
Also, Oryou talked about them angering Oyashiro-sama. I found this really odd. Why would she speak about Oyashiro-sama like that in private if it was just a scapegoat? There's no reason for her to fool Mion, since Mion would likely know whether it was real or not. Hmm...
Well, even if the Sonozakis are behind the murders that does not necessarily mean Oryou does not believe that what she does would please Oyashiro-sama. Furthermore, maybe they are just used of saying that as some sort of euphemism for the murders that they commit and use it even in private. And Mion doesn't seem to know everything - for instance she seems to be kept in the dark about Satoshi's fate.

Come to think of it, the sudden encounter between the twins in the end of the episode might not be as decisive as I first thought. We had a cliffhanger in the end of episode three of Onikakushi-hen but the really dramatic events were not in the begining of the fourth episode. And the chilling cliffhanger in Tatarigoroshi with Takano asking K1 whether he buried the body well (I get goosebumps just thinknig of that scene) was followed by a rather cryptic Takano behavious afterwards. And it seems we will have three (or at laeast two) more Meakashi episodes, if one of the sisters imprison the latter now what's going to fill those episodes, I wonder?

Quote:
Mion is Definitly NOT bad...
I wouldn't be that certain in that. We still don't know which of the twins is going to snap and go mad (or at least kill a few people while not being mad). Shion now looks a bit too obvious a choice which makes me hodl my judgement for the tiem being.