View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 12:12   Link #272
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
*cross fingers that Kemia's Cover is Unbalanced Kiss X> *
*Erects anti-fujoshi/fudanshi barrier*

Maybe we can have him sing Nadeko's "Ren'ai Circulation" for the lulz.

Quote:
I do think it is.

And yeah, that's really the most neat thing about this is that all the picks for the songs fit so perfectly. If your going to get a song from Macross, have your idol sing it lol.
Kanon's voice is a more kiddy version of Mari Iljima's, so I think she might need more voice training to be able to sing retro.

If she does succeed, then she would be the third modern artiste after Suara and 7-chan who can pitch back the lost 80s style.

Right now, the closest song Toyama can hit is this :

Too bad Keima is no pilot. Maybe someone can edit it to "Watashi no Fan wa Otaku".

Quote:
(Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if they do a future release of a Cover of all Macross music with Kanon/Nao Toyama as the singer. I'd buy it, and I'm not a Kanon fan :P)I haven't been checking his blog much, but I figure it must be the reason. The anime itself in many aspects is a retro version of many show from the mid-80's/90's, so I think they are trying to capitalize on that idea more now.
Most of the references are from the 80s-90s, with some from the early 2000s, though with regards to the current arc, I am surprised that he has yet to reference to White Album.

Quote:
If he did in fact ask for these choices, then I have to say, Wakaki -San has some excellent taste in music
Forgive me for being so old-fashioned, but I would agree with that statement. As compared to Bieber and Rihanna and Shakira and etc, I would say that the 80s is the best age of sound.

The rock and metal songs then had plenty of effort put into the lyrics and music (e.g Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, etc). Now it is all about screaming and speed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote