View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 16:36   Link #58
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You think they giver her two just because it looks cooler? In this show? Where almost every visual is hinting something (or purposely misleading you)....

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's an error. She didn't have it the rest of the time. Hell, even the soul gem on her left hand disappeared in some frames. Besides, possessing two soul gems is impossible.
See what happens when you go looking for meaning in every little thing?

I'm mainly waiting for the subs to get information, so kinda going off what has been said so far, but this is an interesting turn. Even though Kyoko wasn't quite aware, she hit the nail on the head with the food chain idea: every living thing must consume something to stay alive. This isn't good nor evil, just nature in action.

For those curious, no, I still don't consider Kyube evil (might change my mind after watching subs, we'll see). A lot of us would be bothered to watch vultures pick through the remains of a corpse, after all.

And the fact remains that witches ARE a threat to normal humans and must be dealt with somehow.

However, I will state something that a few other people won't; that is, state the exact thing that would make me change my mind: If Kyube were the one to originally start the cycle, perhaps by creating the first witch or deliberately letting the witches into the human world, then I'd consider him evil. Until then, he's just doing what every creature on Earth has done to survive since time began: be a part of the food chain.

But I'm sure there are some people who won't take the step of admitting what kind of evidence would change their mind.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote